Harrity & Harrity strives to hire the best-of-the-best for every position at our firm. We are always looking for hard working individuals to further their career and join our team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals. The individuals must have an eye for detail and be fully committed to always providing an exceptional level of service.
We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our team loves working at Harrity and Harrity because of the culture. A few things that we do differently include:
- Our work environment is casual.
- We balance work and our personal lives.
- Our environment fosters collaboration, creativity, and growth.
- We hold book clubs, webinars, and morning meet ups.
- We are continuously learning.
- We always have a positive attitude.
Since 2012, we have sponsored the Harrity Annual 5K Race for a Cure to benefit various charities including The American Heart Association, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer, and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
We also emphasize social responsibility by donating to:
Harrity & Harrity provides our team members with extensive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance, 401k match, casual dress, wide-selection of free drinks & snacks, and more.
“I love the culture of the company and how they encourage us to find a balance between work and our personal life. They give us tools to grow, and be better people overall. Everyone here makes me feel like I’m not just a number and that my job is vital. It gives me motivation to come to work and help my team.”
“I love that we are constantly learning and innovating – finding better ways to do our job and better ways to make clients happy. At the beginning of each year, we declare that by the end of the year we will be light years ahead of where we are now . . . and we deliver. This firm was completely different a year ago and we will be completely different a year from now.”
Patent Associate Trainee
New Applications Specialist
Patent Attorney/Agent Full-time, Reduced-hours, and Remote:
Harrity & Harrity, LLP is looking for remote, local, or reduced hours patent professionals to prepare and/or prosecute patent applications for leading global technology companies, including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
What we offer:
- Life/Work balance – work where you want, when you want, and how much you want
- Ample, steady preparation and prosecution work from a mix of leading electrical and mechanical technology companies
- Excellent compensation package that is production-based, and includes comprehensive benefits
- Opportunity for client counseling through direct client interaction, as all clients are firm clients
- Opportunity for career growth/development including training in business development and client management
- Innovative firm culture including cutting edge technology, collaborative work environment, and dedicated support team
Who you are:
- You have excellent writing skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent fields
- You have 3+ years of recent preparation or prosecution experience (former Patent Examiner experience is a plus)
- You can get going quickly with minimal training
- You have a great eye for detail
- You love winning
- You are a great teammate
- You love making clients happy
- You have a positive attitude
- You love learning
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Patent Associate Trainee:
Harrity & Harrity is hiring for its successful training program for new patent attorneys who are looking for an opportunity to begin a career at a patent law firm and prove that they have what it takes to be a superstar patent associate. Our patent associate trainee program provides in-depth training in patent application drafting with the potential to become a full-time associate with our firm. The patent associate trainee program is a temporary position with our firm for about six (6) months, during which time, you will be trained in the skills that are needed to prepare high quality patent applications for leading technology companies.
To qualify for this position, you MUST be able to write well. Also, you MUST have a J.D., have passed a bar, and have either a B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or physics. Being registered to practice before the USPTO is a plus. You will be paid semi-monthly, at an effective annual salary of $52K. In addition, your lodging will be paid for during the training program. Should you successfully complete the training program, there is a strong possibility that you would be offered a full-time associate position with our firm. First year full-time associates at Harrity & Harrity earn higher salaries than their peers at other patent firms—the salary potential, for your first full year of employment as a full-time professional, is $200K+.
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Applications Specialist:
Harrity & Harrity, LLP is seeking a New Applications Specialist. This is an entry level position with no experience required. Responsibilities include preparing and filing new U.S. patent applications and corresponding formality documents including IDS submissions, preliminary amendments, corresponding with inventors/clients and monitoring dockets for application writers. Applicants must have strong organizational skills and advanced English/writing skills. Applicants must be a team player. Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Harrity & Harrity, LLP provides exceptional benefits to our eligible employees, including top salaries for qualified employees, health and dental insurance, 401(k) savings program, flexible spending program, a generous vacation package, flexible hours and a casual work environment.
• You have excellent communication skills
• You have a great eye for detail
• You love learning
• You love winning
• You are a great teammate
• You love making clients happy
• You have a positive attitude
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.